Known originally as the Toronto Rattan Company, Barrymore got its present name in the 1930s. Formerly located in a grand old brick factory on King Street West, in 2005 Barrymore moved to 1168 Caledonia Road in the heart of Toronto’s Design and Décor District.
Here is an ad that appeared in Canadian magazines in the 1930s.
In the 1950s, Barrymore embraced the new look in furniture with names of collections like Modernaire and Starlight.
A return to traditional and English country style in the 1980s and 1990s.